Dalmatian shrimp stew
Florian Brajkovic Fedeli,
To book this hotel first complete your travel dates and number of guests and click"Check Availability"
- 3 cups water, for cooking shrimp
- 1/2 kg raw medium shrimps, 18 to 24 peeled shrimps
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pure olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup tomatoes in purée
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup red table wine
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Bring water to the boil, add shrimps and boil for 6–8 minutes until they turn pink. Rinse in cold water and drain.
For the stew: squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon over cooked shrimp and set aside. Put some oil In a saucepan and cook the onion on medium heat until it is softened and turned translucent – this should take 6–8 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, chopped peppers, celery, thyme, and seasoning, and cook for 5 more minutes. Add wine, shrimp cooking juice and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup parsley.
Add the cooked shrimp just before serving. When it is heated through, squeeze the remaining lemon juice over it and serve.
Serve with white rice, garnish with chopped parsley.