Clams with summer squash, pesto and cherry tomatoes
To book this hotel first complete your travel dates and number of guests and click"Check Availability"
- 1½ cups olive oil, plus 2 tbs
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 full cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes (about 8 ounces), halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 32 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1lb mixed summer squash, cut into cubes
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Baguette slices, toasted
1. Puree 1 cup olive oil and 2 cloves garlic in a blender. Add basil and 2 tsp sea salt. Puree until basil is finely chopped, then transfer to a bowl. Cover and chill.
2. Put cherry tomatoes in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Stir then set aside for 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. Heat remaining 2 tbs oil in a large pot. Add shallots and 2 cloves garlic. Sauté until shallots and garlic turn light brown. Add clams. Then add the wine. Cover and cook until the clams open.