Recipe for 1 portion
- 160g Chilean codfish
- 50g Thai soft-shell crab (1 pc)
- 3cl peanut oil (for frying)
- 3g Japanese togarashi spice
- 2g grated ginger
- 2g water chestnut flour
- 1 slice turkey ham
- 30g red bell peppers
- 10g onions
- 25g Italian tomato ragout
- 2cl balsamic glaze (for décor)
- 15g yellow frisée and tatsoi greens
- 1cl Sherry vinegar
- 1cl white wine vinegar
- 1cl lemon juice
- 1cl avocado oil
- 2 macadamia nuts (for garnish)
- Chives (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper
1. Cook the codfish in a pan.
2. Broil the turkey ham slightly, until crisp.
3. Marinate the soft-shell crab with fresh lime, togarashi and grated ginger, the blend with the water chesnut flour and deep fry.
4. Sauté the onion, add red bell peppers and cook. Process in a blender, then strain through a fine colander to make the coulis.
5. Prepare dressing: Sherry vinegar, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, avocado oil, salt, pepper.
6. Place the cooked codfish on a plate and serve the tomato ragout.
7. Toss the yellow frisée and tatsoi in dressing and nestle greens on the plate. Then sprinkle with chopped macadamia nuts.
8. Now add the soft-shell crab with the Togarashi spice.
9. Garnish the plate with the red bell pepper coulis, balsamic glaze, chive and togarashi spice.