Located in the spa resort of Karlovy Vary, famous for its hot natural mineral springs, the Olympia Hotel is a testament to the belief of treating the body and mind with a combination of excellent treatments and picturesque setting. Built at the turn of the century in a grand art nouveau style, the hotel was completely refurbished and renovated in 2012.
With breathtaking views of the surrounding park, mountains and the Teplá River, the hotel is easily accessible through a variety of transport links (metro, railway and bus). Add to that a range of activities (including walks, swimming, tennis and fishing plus skiing in the winter) and there is a wealth of things to do.
The air-conditioned rooms and suites are classically designed – ours had a spacious balcony with breathtaking forest views. When we weren’t enjoying the expert spa treatments we hired bikes from the hotel and explored. There is so much to do here – including hiking, fishing and golf in the summer, and skiing in the winter. There are tennis courts in the hotel grounds, and staff can organise sightseeing tours of the region.
The Olympia takes your health very seriously indeed. The in-house restaurant caters for every diet you can imagine – from weight loss to diabetic, vegetarian to low-cholesterol, which allows you to stay on track. A nutritious daily breakfast buffet is followed by healthy lunch and dinner menus. It’s not all hard work though – you can enjoy cakes, pastries and drinks in the lobby bar.
Karlovy Vary has attracted visitors to its hot springs for hundreds of years. They come to drink and bathe in the precious water, which is said, thanks to its unique composition, to have positive effects on the digestive tract and metabolism. At the core of the hotel’s methodology is the prescription of the natural mineral water drinking cure. At the beginning of your stay, your therapist will conduct a full check-in consultation to determine the best course of treatment, as well as any dietary requirements. My first treatment at the spa was an Aromatic Oil Massage, recommended to help me relax. My whole body was treated, from the tips of my toes to my neck. When I left the treatment room I felt like I was walking on air.
- Baths – Carbon Dioxide Bath, Pearl Bath, Whirlpool Bath
- Massages – Classic Massage, Reflexology, Underwater Massage
- Electrotherapy – Endovacotron, Ultrasound, Diadynamic, Biotron, Diathermy, Pneumopuncture, Inhalation
- Thermotherapy – Mud Wraps
- Anti-Cellulite and Slimming Body Programme
- Aroma Body Firming and Skin Elasticity Improving Programme
- Relaxing and Anti-Stress Programme
- Healthy food that promotes proper nutrition and a dietary regimen. A combination of Czech, Russian and Caucasus dishes make up the menu with buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Lobby Bar serving drinks, pastries and snacks
- Swimming pool, gym, golf course
- Medical spa with extensive treatments, jacuzzi, whirlpool, sauna, solarium
- High speed wireless internet