A world away from the one-size-fits-all approach often found at popular European resort destinations, the attractive Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque is styled as a traditional Canarian village, set on the picturesque seafront, with direct access to El Duque beach.
We were spoilt for choice with accommodation options. Our villa was surrounded by sub-tropical gardens, and we spent hours relaxing on our patio, watching the world go by. Having been unsure of what to expect, we were thrilled at the majestic beauty of both the resort and Costa Adeje itself – especially the palatial architecture of the buildings which form the village overlooking the coast.
Gran Hotel Bahia del Duque is filled with facilities to make your stay as luxurious as possible. We visited the thalassotherapy spa as much as possible – it was a luxury to be pampered every day of our holiday. We kept active during our stay, with romantic strolls along the long golden sandy beach, runs around the jogging trail and numerous tennis and
The fully equipped gym had everything we needed – it certainly helped us work off the many delicious dinners we enjoyed at the resort’s restaurants. Sunbathing, swimming, exercising, indulging and pampering – we came away from our holiday feeling (and looking) happier and healthier than ever before. And what more can you ask from a holiday? The impressive thalassotherapy spa is set within pretty gardens, lending the spa an atmosphere of complete peace and relaxation.
The world-class spa is the first of its kind in Tenerife, with three levels and a unique outdoor area so that you can indulge in a natural oasis of stunning greenery.
The facilities are extensive; rejuvenate in the main pool with its natural seawater and jet beds, ease your stresses by the waterfalls, or take advantage of the sensory showers, plunge pool and sauna. Finish off your day of pampering by stopping at the Vital Health Bar and Restaurant for a delicious healthy snack.
As well as this selection of facilities to use as you please, the spa offers top treatments to make sure you look and feel fabulous throughout your holiday. The holistic Chakra Balancing Volcanic Stones treatment begins with a cactus brush exfoliation and continues with a muscle-relaxing warm oil massage, ending with volcanic stones used on chakra points. The spa draws on Tenerife’s rich natural resources, with elements of marine extracts used in thalassotherapy treatments, and soothing aloe used to help heal and relieve skin and restore vitality. Spa treatments
- Soothing Aloe and Banana
- Leaf Ritual
- Chakra Balancing Volcanic Lava Stone Treatment
- Thalassotherapy Ritual
- Radiance Restoring Experience
- Vichy Affusion Exfoliation
- Back, Face and Scalp Massage with Volcanic Lava Stones
- Swedish Massage
- Salt and Oil Body Scrub
- Marine Anti-Cellulite Hip and Thigh Treatment
- Ayurveda Treatments
- The resort has a total of nine restaurants on-site including the new Asia-Kan restaurant, where you can try Japanese, Chinese and Thai fusion, and Las Aguas Restaurant, offering a genuine taste of Canarian cuisine
- Eight bars and cafes, including the Piano Bar and Café la Bahia, with unrivalled sea views
- All rooms offer internet access
- The spa at Bahia del Duque offers individual cabins and outdoor treatment areas
- The resort offers tennis and squash courts, a fully equipped gym, jogging trail, golf and more – there’s no excuse not to get active