Relaxation and tranquility in Larnaca
To book this hotel first complete your travel dates and number of guests and click"Check Availability"
My wife and I were looking forward to a relaxing break together, so we were very pleased to find the beautiful haven that is Lordos Beach Hotel. We arrived ready for some peace and tranquillity, which the hotel provided brilliantly. Our gorgeous suite awaited us, along with a fitness and health centre offering amazing massages and other treatments. We loved sitting overlooking the sea on our balcony, cool drink in hand – great when we wanted some privacy.
The staff gave us a tour of the resort, and recommended that we head to the swimming pool to relax. So we did! Later that evening, instead of going into Larnaca town, we enjoyed some live entertainment at the hotel. It was a nice way to end our first day, and it was great to have everything on-site. We really missed the hotel’s friendly vibe when we got back home.
Lordos Beach Hotel offered us a friendly and tranquil environment in which to relax and enjoy time with each other. Everything we needed was right on our doorstep – from beautiful sandy beaches to romantic restaurants and a spa offering heavenly massages. The beach is only a short distance from the resort, and we made the most of the stunning natural scenery that Larnaca has to offer. It was easy to pick up a few picnic items in the town and just spend the whole day lazing on the beach.
The hotel spa offers a couples’ massage to release tension and leave you in a state of bliss. The therapists use aromatic oils to stimulate the senses and gentle massage techniques to ease away any aches and pains. For further relaxation, our treatment room had its own balcony where we enjoyed a glass of wine together while watching the sun set over the sea. The mini suites also each have a private wood-decked garden where you can unwind.
The perfect romantic evening at Lordos Beach Hotel? Start with a delicious Mediterranean meal in the restaurant, followed by a gentle stroll hand-in-hand along the moonlit white sands of the beachfront, finishing with cocktails and conversation in the pool bar. This resort has everything you need.
- Choose from a rich buffet or a fixed menu – there’s a great mix of Cypriot, Mediterranean and international dishes available
- Keeping refreshed is easy, either by the
True hospitality in a stunning setting – welcome to the Mediterranean Beach Hotel. This is a hotel that makes the most of its gorgeous surroundings, with friendly, efficient staff and a wealth of fabulous facilities. We arrived and were immediately able to catch up on some sleep, thanks to a speedy check-in process. A beautiful room, and a couple of refreshing fruit cocktails, and we were soon in holiday mode. The view from our room was breathtaking, with beautiful azure seas and white sands. Guests staying in the Superior Rooms and Luxury Studios benefit from free wireless internet.
A traditional palette of blue and white dominates, accented with natural wood and marble. Amenities include wireless internet, and the hotel is fully wheelchair accessible – including all floors and the pool grounds. The six restaurants serve delicious local and international dishes with the focus on fresh healthy fare and the finest Mediterranean flavours. When we weren’t relaxing on the EU Blue Flag beach, we were lazing by the hotel’s split-level, outdoor pool. With its stone cave and covered area it was a wonderful place to while away a few chilled hours.
The Aquum Health Spa is a luxurious haven for those who have relaxation in mind. Talented therapists are on-hand to create the perfect environment for guests to unwind and de-stress, offering fabulous treatments designed to rejuvenate the mind, body and soul.
The spa is home to four dry treatment rooms and three wet rooms, each filled with aromatic scents to lull you into a state of peace and tranquillity.
I chose a Blue Lagoon Facial, which uses a unique algae peel-off mask to give skin an intensive supply of hydrating ingredients that cool and energise. This was followed by the Khanya Journey, where warm aromatic oils and salts smoothed my skin, after which a soothing ritual massage and facial melted away any tension. Later in our stay I tried reflexology, which is said to rebalance your system to create inner and outer harmony, and I also enjoyed meditating with a yoga session in the health club.
There’s a heated indoor pool where you can take a relaxing dip, and tennis if you’d rather build up a sweat and bash out some tension on the courts. Alternatively, just lie back with a good book and enjoy the stunning views from the sun loungers beside the tropical outdoor pool.
- Dr Babor Facial
- Anti-Ageing Facial
- Khanya Journey
- Volcanic Mud Wrap
- Hot Stones Massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Detox/Slimming Package
Mediterranean Beach Hotel is blessed with spectacular views of the island’s southern coastline, and was designed to reflect the nature and spirit of the Mediterranean Sea.
Calming blues and whites provide subtle contrasts with the natural wood and marble features of each room, creating a delicate and charming space. The resort is ideal for weddings, with its perfect setting close to where legend has it Aphrodite, the goddess of love, rose from the sea. A dedicated wedding team takes care of everything – from paperwork to photography, canapes to cocktails.
The luxurious Aquum Health Spa is the perfect place to spend a few hours relaxing together. We enjoyed a couples’ spa day: a sauna and steam, followed by a relaxing aromatic massage and facial. All treatments use luxurious Babor products. We also spent an unforgettable afternoon at the five-star PADI diving centre learning how to dive. There is also a watersports centre on one of the nearby beaches, where we spent a day trying our hand at windsurfing and waterskiing (I needed a relaxing spa treatment that evening!).
There are so many dining and party options at the resort, you will not be disappointed. Six restaurants (including the renowned Ristorante Bacco and Shumi Sushi Bar) and three bars meant that we were spoilt for choice – we ate world cuisine and drank some fine cocktails. We also enjoyed the diverse evening entertainment – there is a different show for every night of the week, including some great live music.
To enjoy together
- PADI diving centre on site, watersports centre nearby
- Couples’ packages at the Aquum Health Spa
- Golf packages
- Dine in one of six restaurants, including Ristorante Bacco and Shumi Sushi Bar
- Blue Flag beach and landscaped hotel gardens
- Jeep safaris in the Akamas Nature Reserve and Troodos mountains
We booked the Ristorante Bacco for our first night’s meal; we were both tired from the day’s excitement and did pool, on the beach, before dinner or with live music on the sun deck
- All rooms have wireless internet access
- Conference facilities, newsagent and gift shop, hairdressing salon, car rental, medical services, babysitting, kids’ club and bike rental
- Outdoor jacuzzi, indoor heated pool, sauna, steam bath and hammam, sunbeds, and spa with massage and beauty treatments
- Outdoor cascading swimming pools, floodlit tennis court, basketball court, table tennis, games room, beach volleyball, watersports on the beach, daily activities programme, gym
n’t want to venture far from the hotel. However, we needn’t have felt unadventurous as the whole experience was thoroughly enjoyable. Entering the restaurant, we were greeted by our friendly waiter and shown to our table, which was covered in crisp white linens. The sleek black marble, along with the stylish white armchairs positioned around the tables, completed the luxurious feel.
My starter of sliced smoked duck breast served with salad leaves and pine nuts, drizzled with balsamic olive oil, was exquisite. The duck was perfectly succulent and complemented by the smooth sweet-sour flavour of the dressing. Of course, I couldn’t resist a forkful of my partner’s slow cooked prawns in a light tomato and thyme jus, a delicately balanced combination of flavours and fragrances.
For my main I opted for the oven-baked rack of lamb – medium rare as requested, and so velvety soft it melted in my mouth. This was served with pine nuts, mint and a ruby-coloured red wine sauce. Feeling in the mood for more fish, my boyfriend chose another seafood course of sweet, meaty monkfish loin with a vibrantly flavoured salsa verde and seasonal vegetables.
The delicious tiramisu was a perfect balance of espresso and liqueur; soft soaked sponge biscuits and whipped mascarpone. My own dessert of lemon tart and citrus compote was divine, and I polished it off in minutes.
- Marinated tuna with pineapple and avocado mousse, lime and orange vinaigrette
- Pan-seared king scallops served with caramelized onion and crispy orange zest
- Pan-seared Atlantic scallop served in chickpea soup with lemon-infused oil
- Fresh garganelli pasta served with prawns, porcini mushroom and asparagus
- Black angus beef tenderloin with three-pepper sauce, served with parmesan mash potatoes and vegetables
- Tuna fillet with Sicilian caponata and sun-dried tomato pesto
- Wild mushroom risotto with truffle-infused oil
- Sea-bass fillet with garlic, parsley and chilli flakes
- Six restaurants – Aquaria serves buffet breakfasts and Celeste Restaurant has themed evening buffets; Ristorante Bacco for Tuscan cuisine; Shumi Sushi Bar; and Nautica Bistro for pasta, local meze and buffet lunches (April–October only)
- Blue Bar for cocktails, long drinks and aperitifs; Clouds Lounge Bar for drinks; Cinnabon Rolls and Sushi; Lagoon Bar at pool level, for fresh juices, ice creams and snacks; Ouzeri Tis Myrtos offers Cypriot delicacies in a warm traditional environment
- Wi-fi (charged); in the adults-only Superior Rooms and Luxury Studios, wi-fi is free
- Wheelchair access to all but one level, kids’ club, babysitting
- Aquum Health Spa offering Babor treatments
- Amusement centre, kids’ pool and playground, split-level outdoor pool, heated indoor pool, gym, watersports, floodlit tennis court, PADI diving centre