Have you seen any great, funny or entertaining signs whilst on your travels or maybe even in your own town?
Well if you have, this is the competition for you. We at Great Hotels of the World are looking for the most creative, entertaining and greatest signs you have come across whilst on your travels. We don’t mind if it’s not in English, as long as you translate it correctly for us.
The sign doesn’t necessarily have to be a road sign; it can be a sign you have seen in a hotel, restaurant, shop, or somewhere completely out of the blue.
Simply send us in a photo of the best sign you have come across in order to be entered and you will be in with the chance of winning a four night luxury stay for two at the Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik in Dubrovnik, Croatia. Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik is located right on the Babin Kuk peninsula and close to the Old Town. It is a brand new four star resort that combines modern and natural elements to create a unique space that is both stylish and relaxing. The hotel’s comfortable rooms and luxurious suites offer spectacular vistas of the Elaphiti Islands and Mediterranean woodland.
Valamar Lacroma boasts an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, fitness centre and nearby tennis courts and sports grounds. There is also an excellent wellness centre onsite with the latest spa treatments and a variety of saunas, outdoor Jacuzzi and relaxation rooms available. Guests can also enjoy the hotel’s two superb restaurants serving Mediterranean and international cuisine and three bars with beautiful sea views.
If your photograph is selected as the winner you will win a four night stay for two to Croatia including:
- Four nights accommodation for two at the beautiful Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik in Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Daily sumptuous breakfast
- Return airport transfers
- Room upgrade (subject to availability)
- Free internet
- Complimentary use of the pools, cardio fitness and spa zones
- 20% discount on individual wellness treatments
This competition closes August 26th 2011
HOW TO ENTER:
- Please email your entry to email@example.com as an attachment in .jpg format only.
- Please also include where the photo was taken as well as your name, email address, telephone number, country of residence and some information about the photo (optional) into the email body.
- We will then add the photo to our facebook page.
- We will then pick five lucky finalists whose photographs will be posted on http://www.ghotw.com and the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite photo.
The competition will close at 17:00 on Friday 26th August 2011 and photographs must be a maximum of 10MB in size, in jpg. format and 300 dpi resolution maximum.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. No purchase necessary: a purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
2. Employees of Great Hotels of the World or its subsidiaries are ineligible to enter the competition.
3. Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter.
4. Great Hotels of the World may share entrant data with The Valamar Lacroma Dubrovink Hotel If you would prefer not to have your details shared please email us and tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The competition closes at 17:00 (GMT) on Friday 26 August 2011. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, misdirected or illegible/inaudible entries.
6. Great Hotels of the World reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the competition and/or prize at any time.
7. Personal information collected by Great Hotels of the World in connection with the contest will be collected and used according to applicable laws, rules and regulations.
8. The entrant indemnifies Great Hotels of the World and the promotion partners against each claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability incurred or suffered by, or brought, made or recovered against Great Hotels of the World and the promotion partners or their associated companies, including but not limited to: o Any breach of these Conditions of Entry; or o Any infringement by you of the intellectual property rights of any third party.
Terms of entry
9. To participate in the competition, entrants must submit a photo that fits into the theme: Great Signs of the World.
10. Photographs must be a maximum of 10MB in size, in jpg. format and 300 dpi resolution maximum.
11. A maximum of three photograph entries per person is permitted. If you enter more than 3 pictures you will be disqualified from the competition.
12. How to enter: Please be sure to clearly mark your photos as entries to our competition in either the title or description. Please email your entry to email@example.com as an attachment in .jpg format only. Please also include your name, contact details and some information about the photo (optional) into the email body. We will then add the photo to the album on our Facebook page.
13. Entries should include the entrants email address, full name and contact details.
14. The description of the photo must be in English. If the photo contains information in another language than English please translate it in the description to English.
15. The photos will be uploaded onto the Great Hotels of the World's Facebook page.
16. Great Hotels of the World has the right to remove any inappropriate comments on the photos on their Facebook page.
17. The entrant's submission must not contain brand names or trademarks or material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, profane, hateful, defamatory or libellous. The submission must not discriminate against race, sex, religion, nationality, disability or age. Photos deemed to include any one of the above will be removed and disqualified from the competition.
18. The photography entry should comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations.
19. Great Hotels of the World has the right to exclude any photograph that they believe is manipulated.
20. Great Hotels of the World has no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete.
21. It is the entrant's responsibility to ensure that no part of their entry infringes the copyright of any third parties or laws.
22. Great Hotels of the World's decision of who is picked as the winner is final and binding.
23. Great Hotels of the World will judge this competition. Five finalists will be chosen and posted on Great Hotels’ websites for voting by users. The finalist’s photographs will also be posted on the Great Hotels of the World Facebook page. Votes are limited to one vote per person. The finalist with the highest number of votes will win. Great Hotels of the World reserves the right to override or change the public voting system if deemed necessary.
24. Great Hotels of the World reserves the right to disqualify any finalist who tampers with or influences, or benefits from tampering with or influencing, the entry process or the Promotion.
25. In the event of a tie, Great Hotels of the World will choose a winner.
26. All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them.
27. Great Hotels of the World has the right to edit, adapt, modify and publish any or all of the submissions and may use them in any media with attribution to the entrant.
28. Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free perpetual worldwide license to Great Hotels of the World to reproduce or feature any or all of the submissions in any type of media or promotional material with attribution to the entrant.
29. Entrants consent to Great Hotels of the World editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating the entry in any medium for any purpose including but not limited to loading it onto any of the Great Hotels of the World or promotional partner websites, online or wireless applications, for use for marketing and publicity purposes and for re-use within any other Great Hotels of the World programmes with attribution to the entrant.
30. Although more than one person may be been involved in the making or more than one person appearing on the photograph, there will be only one person eligible to win the prize. The person who sent the entry email will be eligible to win the prize.
31. No joint or group entries are permitted.
32. Photograph submissions and comments on the photos on Facebook must not:
o Include trademarks, logos or copyrighted material.
o Use personally identifiable information (e.g. your phone number or e-mail address).
o Contain profanity, pornographic, sexual content, content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content. o Defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies.
o Promote a political agenda regardless of the political affiliation.
33. The winners name may be obtained by sending a SAE to Marketing Department, Great Hotels of the World, Worldwide House, 22 Stephenson Way, London, NW1 2HD, United Kingdom.
34. The prize consists of a four night stay for two in Croatia including: Four nights in a double room in Valamar Lacroma Dubrovink Hotel in Dubrovink with breakfast, return airport transfer, room upgrade (subject to availability), free internet, complimentary use of pools, cardio fitness and spa zones, 20% discount on individual wellness treatments, city tax and VAT. Great Hotels of the World and its partners are not responsible for any accommodation needed when waiting for any connecting flight.
35. Two passengers must travel together. Travel periods are from the day we give out the prize until 31 December 2012. Blackout dates will apply including 01 July 2012 - 31 August 2012.
36. All travel must be completed during these periods. Extension of travel period is strictly not permitted/ if tickets are not used in the time frame above, they will be lost. Tickets are non-transferable and have no equivalent cash value. Ticket conditions apply.
37. Once booking is made, no changes are permitted.
38. The prize does not include flights.
39. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
40. If the prize, or element of the prize, is unavailable for any reason, Great Hotels of the World reserves the right to substitute another prize for that prize, or element of it, or cancel the prize subject to the approval of any relevant authority where required.
41. The winner is responsible for all insurance and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with the prize that are not included in the prize description.