Dom Pedro Palace is truly one of the most luxurious hotels in Lisbon. Arriving in the searing summer heat, we made the most of the air conditioning before heading out for a day of sightseeing.
As we were staying in a Tower Room on the 18th floor, we had access to a free VIP bar and panoramic views of the city – fabulous at night. Beautiful and traditional decor gives the Dom Pedro Palace a luxurious look, with marble floors, vintage carpets and comfy sofas dotted around to curl up on with a book. We had a nose around our bedroom as soon as we arrived and were really impressed with the size of the bathroom and bed. Internet access was also available and there was a sublime, calm atmosphere.
The hotel is in the perfect location for everything you wish to do in Lisbon. We enjoyed a long week of sightseeing, sampling the cuisine, and excursions to the coast, and found the Dom Pedro Palace ideally located for hopping onto the metro.
The staff are extremely friendly and knowledgeable, helping us plan our way around and giving great local advice. We’ll definitely be returning. When you’ve only got a short time to explore an entire city, it’s really useful for your hotel to be in a good location.
We had only two days to explore the city before moving on to the coast and we found the Dom Pedro Palace well- placed – not only for exploring Lisbon but also for heading further afield.
We bought a Lisbon Card, valid for 72 hours, which allowed us use of the metro, buses and trams plus discounted entry into museums and attractions such as the Maritime Museum and the Oceanarium in the Parque das Nações.
As well as being within easy reach of all the famous landmarks (Torre de Belém, Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, Sé de Lisboa and the Palacia da Ajuda), Dom Pedro Palace is also perfectly placed for excursions.
We took the train for a day trip to Sintra and enjoyed some gorgeous gardens and national palaces – only 40 minutes from Lisbon.
After a long day sightseeing, the hotel is the perfect place to relax; whether sitting in the VIP bar with a drink, eating a delicious meal in the restaurant, or lounging in a hot bath. Don't miss
- Golf at 18 nearby golf courses in Estoril, Sintra, Costa Azul and Oeste
- Spa Aquae: Jacuzzi, cardio-fitness exercise room and five treatment rooms offering four-hand, Thai, shiatsu and Ayurvedic massages; hydration facials and exfoliation with Himalayan salt crystals
- Personal training packages
- Walking tours to explore the area and landmark sites like the Mosteiro dos Jerónimos
- Castelo São Jorge
- Sé Cathedral of Lisbon
- Belém Tower
- Ristorante Il Gattopardo offers delicious Italian cuisine for lunch and dinner, including plenty of vegetarian options. Le Café Bistro offers traditional Portuguese food
- The bar at Le Café is open from 8pm-1am; Il Gattopardo serves refreshments from 12:30pm to midnight. If you’re staying in a Tower Room, there is a VIP mini bar on the 19th floor serving complimentary refreshments
- Swimming pool and gym
- SPA Aquae wellness centre offers a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room as well as beauty and massage treatments