Luxury relaxation and comfort in Rome
Enjoy the ultimate in relaxation and pampering with Great Hotels of the World's selected collection of luxury hotels in Rome. We have put together a selection of the world's best hotels, whether you're looking for a spa haven, a romantic hideout, an energetic golf resort or a charming boutique hotel downtown.
Each property features detailed information, guest reviews and pictures, photographs, maps as well as occasional premium offers. Browse all of our currently available luxury offers or click below to be taken directly to the page.
For professional travel and booking advice, our luxury travel advisors are standing by to offer expert suggestions and detailed booking information for all our properties in Rome.
Online bookings can be made at anytime by using the form on the left-hand side or by choosing the 'Book This Hotel' option in the hotels below.
Rome destination guide
Italy's capital is among the greatest cities in the world. It's a large, bustling metropolis that lives in the here and now, however there's no other place on the planet where you will come across such powerful demonstrations of an extensive and incredible past.
- READ MORE
Rome is unquestionably one the most beautiful cities on earth and each year millions of tourists flock from around the world to appreciate the jewels and masterpieces of fine Roman art and construction.
Even though it is no longer regarded as caput mundi (capital of the world), Rome remains an epic, conurbation harbouring lost empires. All it takes is one visit and you’ll most probably be hooked. The city has a magnificent monumentality that it displays without reverence.
Here the national obsession with the aesthetic combines with brilliant urban panorama to make Rome a city where you feel trendy just meandering through the streets, catching sunrays outside a café, or during a pleasant lunch at one of the many fine eating establishments. It’s a destination that practically encourages you to take things easy. If don’t feel like visiting to a museum’s there no worry because it’s all outside on the streets already.
- EATING AND DRINKING
Great local and international cuisine is available in Rome. Here are 4 recommended restaurants.
- La Nduja – Excellent local cuisines served with an extensive selection of fine wine
- Ad Hoc - Great Mediterranean dishes served in a wonderful atmosphere by friendly staff
- Eleonora D’Arborea restaurant - Tasty meals inspired by the best traditional Sardinian recipes, served in an elegant atmosphere with special detail given to the meals presentation
- Sakana Sushi – One of the best Japanese restaurants in Rome
- CULTURAL ATTRACTIONS
Rome provides countless ways to explore its rich history and culture. Here are 5 recommended cultural attractions.
- Palazzo Valentini - Enjoy a virtual tour of an ancient Roman "domus", looking the walls,rooms, peristyles, baths etc
- San Luigi Dei Francesi - This church houses three outstanding paintings by Michelango de Merisi, known as Caravaggio
- San Giovanni Laterano - It is the first among the four major basilicas of Rome and it’s considered to be the ‘Cathedral of the city.’
- Basilica of San Clemente - This church is famous for its magnificent frescoes and its twelfth-century mosaic of the Cross as the Tree of Life
- The Colisseum - Also called Anphiteatrum Flavlum, it was the first amphitheatre in Rome and it housed spectacles and gladiators battles during the Roman era.
- THINGS TO DO
With more on offer than museums and great architecture, there will never be a dull moment in Rome. Here are 4 recommended things to do
- Hammam Roma – Revitalize with a series of Hamman treatments
- Explora - This interactive museum is intended to stimulate children’s natural inquisitiveness about science, nature and society
- Villa Doria Pamphilj – Peaceful park away from the bustling environment of cars and mopeds
- Teatro dell'Opera di Roma – Spectacular opera house with elegant interior design and great acoustics