Five star luxury in Port Moresby
Relax at one of our sensational five star hotels in Port Moresby. You will find the exclusive hotel below for your spa holiday, romantic break, honeymoon destination as well as luxury golf resorts.
read our guest reviews, sensational photographs and premium offers to help you choose one of the prime luxury hotels in Port Moresby that will make your vacation in Port Moresby truly outstanding. For professional and personal travel advice our luxury travel advisors are standing by to offer you their expert travel tips for Port Moresby as well as to help you find a really appealing package that suits your personal needs to make your next Port Moresby vacation the holiday of a lifetime.
On the shores of the Gulf of Papua, Port Moresby is the largest city in Papua New Guinea. With wonderful beaches, nature parks, waterfalls and rivers, Port Moresby is a great place for any nature lover on your special outdoor getaway to Port Moresby. Teeming with natural beauty Port Moresby is home to over 3000 different species of orchid which can be seen at the National Botanical Gardens.
- READ MORE
As well as natural beauty Port Moresby has a very interesting history. The Kokoda Trail is a particularly important part of Port Moresby’s past as it links the relationship between Papua New Guinea and Australia by the remembrance of a bloody battle in WWII. The Kokoda Trail is now a popular place to trek, marking the route which the soldiers took to the battle which is now marked by a memorial dedicated to those that fought.
Another key historical sight is the town of Hanuabada which was destroyed during the Second World War. The town was rebuilt in its traditional style with the houses perched on stilts over the water, eerily beautiful compared with today’s modern world, a great place to visit on your outdoor getaway to Port Moresby.
- EATING AND DRINKING
A great selection of restaurants is available with cuisines from all over the world
- Bacchus - A fine dining restaurant with cuisine from all over the world
- Deli KC - A great lunch restaurant offering delicacies from France, Italy, New Zealand and Australia
- Macdhui at Royal Papua Yacht Club - A spacious restaurant overlooking the marina that offers a diverse a la carte menu
- Asian Aromas - A popular restaurant offering a broad menu including Chinese, Thai and Malay dishes
- The Cellar Restaurant - A buffet style restaurant with Asian, Indian, and Japanese influences
- CULTURAL ATTRACTIONS
Port Moresby has an interesting cultural heritage; here are some places that give you an insight into the city’s rich past.
- Parliament house - An impressive building built in the style of a Maprik Haus Tambaran (house of spirits)
- Kokoda trail - A great trekking route made popular by its sad history of events from WWII
- National Museum and Art Gallery - Offering great exhibits of the culture and history of Papua New Guinea
- Laloki River Gorge - Situated more than 600m above sea level and with several viewing points the gorge is a great place to take in the sights
- National Botanical Gardens - Beautiful gardens housing wonderful wildlife displays, and a huge orchid collection
- THINGS TO DO
Port Moresby is a true natural beauty with a strong history and because of this offers some fantastic things to see and do in the great outdoors.
- Rouna Falls - Venture to the outskirts of the city to see the beautiful Rouna Falls
- Varirata National Park - A natural mountain region with spectacular views
- Brown River - A popular river for swimming and rafting
- Crystal Rapids - Enjoy the serene area surrounding crystal rapids or take a rubber tube and have fun in the water
- Diving - Get the chance to go open water diving and see the beauty of Port Moresby’s sea life