The finest five star hotels in Nicosia
Take the holiday of a lifetime at one of our superior five star hotels in Nicosia. All Great Hotels of the World members are selected for their high standards, location, comfort and luxury amenities, ensuring they meet the expectations of demanding and discerning travellers looking for the ideal hotel.
Click on any of the hotels in our listing below to find more information, photographs, maps, guest pictures and reviews.
For specialist and personal travel advice our luxury travel advisors are standing by to help you find a really appealing, tailor-made package.
Online bookings can be made at anytime by using the form on the left-hand side or the handy 'Book This Hotel' buttons located under each listing entry.
Nicosia destination guide
The vibrant city of Nicosia has been Cyprus’ capital since the 12th century. It is regarded today, as Europe's only divided city, broken into 2 halves by the 'Green Line', a UN buffer zone that break ups the Turkish-occupied northern Cyprus from the southern government-controlled Republic of Cyprus.
- READ MORE
Nicosia’s contemporary city centre is enclosed by picturesque tree-lined suburbs, but the preferred tourist region is the old town, which has undergone great refurbishment. The old town is a charming amalgamation of pedestrian walkways, 16th-century fortifications, pavement cafes, filled with magnetism and sightseeing opportunities.
There are a wide array of things to do and see in Nicosia, with a selection of museums, entertainment venues, restaurants, cinemas, bars and nightclubs to choose between. So no matter what your idea of a fun night out you will almost be spoilt for choice.
The city, situated on the Mesaoria Plain, is the core of the Nicosia District that is comprised of the valleys of Pitsilia, Solea and parts of Marathasa. Take the experience in as you traverse the striking mountain villages, beautiful shrubbery, hill resorts and abundance of Byzantine monasteries and churches. These are all within easy reach and provide an alternative, but equally diverse holiday experience.
- EATING AND DRINKING
There are plenty of establishments to taste great local and international cookery. Here are a few recommendations.
- Louis Taverna & Restaurant – Excellent Greek cuisine served in a pleasant and quiet atmosphere
- Pyxida Fish Tavern – One of the best seafood restaurants in Nicosia with a good selection of wine available also
- Domus Lounge Bar & Restaurant – Great local and international dishes and a wide selection of wine served by experienced and highly professional staff
- Zanettos – A wide variety of traditional food served at high quality in a wonderful atmosphere
- Il Forno – Tasty Italian food prepared with the freshest ingredients in a fabulous location
- CULTURAL ATTRACTIONS
Discover the rich history of Nicosia and Cyprus at a variety of cultural landmarks. Here are four recommended attractions to visit
- Selimiye Mosque (St Sophia cathedral) – This religious site is where the Ottomans transformed a cathedral into a mosque
- Leventis Municipal Museum of Nicosia – A presentation of the social and historical advancement of Lefkosia
- Buyuk Han - Historic tavern in close proximity to Sophia Mosque where you can learn, eat, drink and explore
- Archbishop Makarios III Foundation – A small museum that features a large collection of icons retrieved from religious buildings in Cyprus
- THINGS TO DO
You will never run out of activities to partake in during your time at Nicosia. Here are four things to do.
- Archbishop Makarios III Cultural Foundation – One of the very few places in the world to view Greek orthodox ancient icons and learn about the different painting techniques, mosaics and much more
- Segway Station Tour Experience – Set up to bring the Segway tour experience to Old Nicosia, you can see the sights of Old Nicosia in less time than it would otherwise take
- Cyprus Taste Tours – Knowledgeable and confident guides lead you to the h can learn, eat, drink and explore gems of Cyprus’ restaurants. There are also activities available for older children
- Ledra Street Border Crossing – The point where you can cross between the north to the south regions of the city
The top luxury hotels in Nicosia
Shopping around for the best deals and offers for top hotels in Nicosia? Our luxury offers page is a great place to start, with tens of regularly updated offers for five star properties worldwide. Click on the link above to browse the latest offers and find the right deal for you.
Great Hotels of the World boasts an impressive collection of worldwide luxury hotels and properties, all hand-picked to ensure exacting standards. Here is a selection of some of our dedicated luxury collections, the ideal place to start if you're looking for that special and unique somewhere:
UK: 020 7380 3658 | US: + 1 888 222 8859 | Int: + 1 972 894 1182