Luxury relaxation and comfort in Lisbon
Enjoy the ultimate in relaxation and pampering with Great Hotels of the World's expertly chosen collection of luxury hotels in Lisboa. We have put together a selection of the world's best hotels, whether you're looking for a spa haven, a romantic hideout, an energetic golf resort or a charming boutique hotel downtown.
Each property features detailed information, guest reviews and pictures, photographs, maps as well as occasional select offers. Browse all of our currently available luxury offers or click below to be taken directly to the page.
For qualified travel and booking advice, our luxury travel advisors are standing by to offer expert tips and detailed booking information for all our properties in Lisboa.
Online bookings can be made at anytime by using the form on the left-hand side or by choosing the 'Book This Hotel' option in the hotels listed below
Lisbon destination guide
The capital of Portugal is one of Europe’s most enchanting and scenic cities, built on a group of hills that provide panoramic views of scenic vistas. Lisbon has a deep history background that is characterised by amazing sights, cultural gems, and beautiful scenery that make it a heaven for travellers and photographers alike.
- READ MORE
The mild climate enjoyed by Lisbon makes it an idyllic destination throughout the year. Even in winter, while the majority of other major European cities are freezing in the winter, Lisbon rarely sees temperatures lower than 11C. It is a compacted and intimate metropolis, perfect for a weekend city break or even a lengthier romantic getaway. The bubbly café culture bustling nightlife is what makes Lisbon one of the most vibrant cities in Europe
There is lots of variety to be found within Lisbon, from the historic palaces in Sintra, to first-class golf courses there will be a dull moment during your travels. Excellent entertainment is available at Europe’s biggest casino in Estoril, alternatively you can enjoy water sports in Cascais or venture of to watch dolphins in Setúbal.
The capital has created its own unique artistic and cultural legacy - it is a genuine city that presents one of the most unexpected, distinctive, and rewarding travel experiences available.
- EATING AND DRINKING
There is a variety of dining establishments where you can enjoy fine Mediterranean and international gastronomy. Here are 5 suggestions
- Cervejaria Ramir - Enjoy some of Lisbon's best seafood in a great atmosphere
- 100 Maneiras - A small restaurant which offers delicious Mediterranean and international cuisine
- Bocca - Modern and sophisticated restaurant which offers first-rate cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Assinatura - Creative restaurant which offers traditional Portuguese gastronomy and the best wines in the country
- Ibo - An amalgamation of traditional Portuguese cuisine and the delicious flavours of Mozambique
- CULTURAL ATTRACTIONS
Lisbon provides many opportunities to explore its rich cultural heritage. Here are five recommended cultural attractions to visit.
- S. Jorge Castle - Castle at the top of the highest hills in Lisbon, which offers great views of the city.
- Gulbenkian museum - Visit galleries that highlight Oriental and Classical art
- Sao Vicente Church - One of the most important monasteries in Lisbon and a church from the 17th century
- Belem Tower - Fortress built in 1515 to guard the entrance to Lisbon's harbour and it was the starting point for many of the voyages of discovery.
- Graca - One of the best panoramic experiences in Lisbon
- THINGS TO DO
The range of leisure activities in Lisbon is abundant, so you will always find a way to keep yourself entertained. Here are four recommended things to do.
- Oceanarium - Visit the collection of more than 450 marine species
- Side car touring - Discover the city of Lisbon in an unconventional manner via sidecar
- Lisbon Zoo - Enjoy a day out at the zoo - discovering more than 2000 species of animals and a dolphin show
- Sao Carlos National Theatre - Enjoy opera productions as well as classical concerts during the September to June season.