WIN A LUXURY HOLIDAY IN SOUTH AFRICA WITH OUR PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Fancy yourself as the next David Bailey or Ansel Adams?
Calling all passionate photographers… To celebrate the launch of our new Pure Lifestyle Collections, here is your chance to win a holiday of a lifetime by sharing your extraordinary photos with Great Hotels of the World in partnership with Amateur Photographer Magazine.
View the entries to the photography competition so far
Simply send us a photo that fits into one of the nine 'Pure' themes below and you could find yourself sharpening your photographic skills in South Africa!
South Africa is renowned for its wildlife and on this trip you will visit Kruger National Park, one of the largest game reserves in Africa. South Africa is also home to the 'Big Five' game animals and more species of mammals than any other African Game Reserve. A safari trip at this park will give you the best opportunity to take the most breathtaking photos ever. Now is your chance to win...
If your photograph is selected as the winner you will win a seven night holiday of a lifetime for two to South Africa including:
- Four nights in a luxury suite in The Sandton Sun Hotel in Johannesburg with breakfast
- Two Sea Whisperer massages
- A romantic dinner for two
- VIP check-in at the hotel's business suite
- Return transfers
- VIP amenities
- Opportunity to extend the booking at a discounted rate
|As well as...
- Three nights at The Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve
- Return airfares from Johannesburg to the Sabi Sabi Private Airstrip
- All meals
- Safari activities
- Sundowner drinks and snacks
- A luxurious treatment at the hotel's Amani Spa
| Prize does not include:
- Flights to and from Johannesburg
- All other meals unless specified
- Spending money
- Travel insurance
HOW TO ENTER
If you have a Flickr account:
Simply log into Flickr, visit the relevant competition group you would like to enter (list of the competition groups can be found at www.flickr.com/people/purehotels or by clicking on the theme headings above) and join the group. Once you have joined you will be able to add any photo you choose to the pool. Please be sure to clearly mark your photos as entries to our competition in either the title or description.
If you do not have a Flickr account:
Please email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in .jpg format only. Please also include which category the photo should be entered into as the email subject and include your name, contact details and some information about the photo (optional) into the email body. We will then add the photo to the relevant competition group and email you a link back.
The competition will close on the 24th April 2011 and photographs must be a maximum of 10MB in size, in jpg. format and 300 dpi resolution maximum.
|The editor of Amateur Photographer Magazine will then pick nine lucky finalists (one from each theme) and the public will then decide on a winner!
Terms and conditions
- No purchase necessary: a purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
- Employees of Great Hotels of the World or its subsidiaries are ineligible to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Great Hotels of the World may share entrant data with The Sandton Sun Hotel and Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve. If you would prefer not to have your details shared please email us and tell us at email@example.com.
- The competition closes at 17:00 (GMT) on 24 April 2011. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, misdirected or illegible/inaudible entries.
- Great Hotels of the World reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the competition and/or prize at any time.
- Personal information collected by Great Hotels of the World in connection with the contest, will be collected and used according to applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Great Hotels of the World may use any personal information entrants provide in connection with this promotion for the purpose of running the promotion and also in adverts, publications, media statements and other promotional material. Great Hotels of the World may disclose the information for those purposes to its related bodies corporate and contractors, and to the promotional partners.
- The entrant indemnifies Great Hotels of the World and the promotion partners against each claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability incurred or suffered by, or brought, made or recovered against Great Hotels of the World and the promotion partners or their associated companies, including but not limited to:
Great Hotels of the World are not liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in, downloading or uploading any materials in this promotion.
- Any breach of these Conditions of Entry; or
- Any infringement by you of the intellectual property rights of any third party.
Terms of entry
To participate in the competition, entrants must submit a photo that fits into one of the nine following themes: What love looks like, Good Enough to Eat, Just do it!, Pure relaxation, My weekend in a photo, Appreciation of the past, Just married, Hole in one or Art in your heart.
Photographs must be a maximum of 10MB in size, in jpg. format and 300 dpi resolution maximum.
A maximum of three photograph entries per person is permitted.
How to enter: If you have a Flickr account simply log into Flickr, visit the relevant competition group you would like to enter (list of the competition groups can be found at www.flickr.com/people/purehotels or below) and join the group. Once you have joined you will be able to add any photo you choose to the pool. Please be sure to clearly mark your photos as entries to our competition in either the title or description. If you do not have a Flickr account please email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in .jpg format only. Please also include which category the photo should be entered into as the email subject and include your name, contact details and some information about the photo (optional) into the email body. We will then add the photo to the relevant competition group and email you a link back.
Entries should include the entrants email address, full name and contact details.
The entrant's submission must not contain brand names or trademarks or material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory or libellous. The submission must not discriminate against race, sex, religion, nationality, disability or age. Photos deemed to include any one of the above will be removed and disqualified from the competition.
The submission should not contravene any contractual, legal or other obligation and should not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party including, but not limited to, any rights associated with any music contained in the entry.
The photography entry should comply with all relevant laws, rules and regulations.
Entries must be the individuals own work and must not have been previously submitted in another competition.
Entrants can enhance the photograph to make it brighter, clearer etc. but not manipulate the content. Great Hotels of the World has the right to exclude any photograph that they believe is manipulated.
Great Hotels of the World has no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete.
All photographs will be judged on the following criteria: originality, interpretation of the theme and commercial appeal.
Great Hotels of the World has the right to exclude photos from the competition if they do not correlate with one of the nine subjects.
It is the entrant's responsibility to ensure that no part of their entry infringes the copyright of any third parties or laws.
The entrant should have the relevant permission, where required, to use any third party intellectual property and images or likeness of any person contained in the entry.
Great Hotels of the World's decision of who is picked as the winner is final and binding.
An expert from Amateur Photographer Magazine will judge this competition. Nine finalists will be chosen (one from each theme) and posted on Great Hotels' websites for voting by users. The finalist's photographs will also be posted on Amateur Photographer Magazine's website. Votes are limited to one vote per person. The finalist with the highest number of votes will win. Great Hotels of the World reserves the right to override or change the public voting system if deemed necessary.
Great Hotels of the World reserves the right to disqualify any finalist who tampers with or influences, or benefits from tampering with or influencing, the entry process or the Promotion.
In the event of a tie, Great Hotels of the World will choose a winner.
Great Hotels of the World reserves the right to select the next most highly ranked finalist as an alternate winner if it determines in its discretion that the winning finalist does not adequately satisfy the conditions of entry or are otherwise subject to disqualification.
Great Hotels of the World or Amateur Photographer may choose to showcase the images in an exhibition, on the web site or magazines as a means of promoting the competition. All images will be credited.
All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them. Entrants must ensure that photographs have been taken with the permission of the subject (where necessary) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party.
Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Where an image is used, the photographer will be credited. Images will only be used by Great Hotels of the World or Amateur Photographer, in connection with the promotion of the competition, for a period of no more than one year. Photos may be selected to promote the competition in other media. All images will be credited.
Great Hotels of the World has the right to edit, adapt, modify and publish any or all of the submissions and may use them in any media with attribution to the entrant.
Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free perpetual worldwide license to Great Hotels of the World to reproduce or feature any or all of the submissions in any type of media or promotional material with attribution to the entrant.
Entrants consent to Great Hotels of the World editing, re-using, storing, reproducing and communicating the entry in any medium for any purpose including but not limited to loading it onto any of the Great Hotels of the World or promotional partner websites, online or wireless applications, for use for marketing and publicity purposes and for re-use within any other Great Hotels of the World programs with attribution to the entrant.
The entrant acknowledges and agrees that they are solely responsible for all liability resulting from the posting or publication of photograph entries and other materials in connection with the Contest.
If you send pictures with other people on it, you are responsible for gaining their consent for Great Hotels of the World to use their image free of copyright, fee or any other usage restriction. If there are people aged under 18 on the picture, you must get consent from the people's parents before submitting your photo.
Photograph submissions must not:
The winners name may be obtained by sending a SAE to Marketing Department, Great Hotels of the World, Worldwide House, 22 Stephenson Way, London, NW1 2HD, United Kingdom.
- include trademarks, logos or copyrighted material not owned by the entrant or used without permission (such as company names, music, photographs, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media).
- Use personally identifiable information (e.g., your phone number or e-mail address).
- Refer to public figures or contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements of any person, living or dead, without permission.
- Contain profanity, pornographic, sexual content, content promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content that promotes violence or harm to another living creature or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content.
- Defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies.
- Promote a political agenda regardless of the political affiliation.
- Depict acts which are or could be dangerous, illegal or antisocial to either humans or animals. Photograph Submissions containing such content will not be accepted.
The prize consists of a seven night holiday of a lifetime for two to South Africa including: Four nights in a luxury suite in The Sandton Sun Hotel in Johannesburg with breakfast, Two Sea Whisperer massages, A romantic dinner for two, VIP Check-in at the hotel's business suit, Return transfers, VIP amenities, Opportunity to extend the booking at a discounted rate. As well as Three nights at The Sabi Sabi Private Games Reserve, Return airfares from Johannesburg to the Sabi Sabi Private Airstrip, All meals, Safari activities, Sundowner drinks and snacks. Great hotels and its partners are not responsible for any accommodation needed when waiting for any connecting flight.
Two passengers must travel together. Travel periods are between May 2011-May 2012. Blackout dates will apply including 20 January 2011 - 06 January 2012 and 6-9 April 2012.
All travel must be completed during these periods. Extension of travel period is strictly not permitted/ if tickets are not used in the time frame above, they will be lost. Tickets are non-transferable and have no equivalent cash value. Ticket conditions apply
Once tickets are issued, no changes are permitted.
Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
If the prize, or element of the prize, is unavailable for any reason, Great Hotels of the World reserves the right to substitute another prize for that prize, or element of it, or cancel the prize subject to the approval of any relevant authority where required.
The winner is responsible for all insurance and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with the prize that are not included in the prize description.